In 2005 Handbird Productions was contracted to create
some of the main animation sequences for the archeological TV
series "What Lies Beneath".
In this eight-part series, Simon Dallow takes viewers on a
journey back in time. Along the way he'll debunk myths, solve
riddles and shed new light in a mix of contemporary and historic
subjects that cover the earliest stages of Maori and Pakeha occupation
of New Zealand.
"What Lies Beneath" available
on DVD in NZ stores.
1. SIGNS OF TSUNAMI Did tsunami wreak havoc on Maori settlements
hundreds of years ago.
2. SECRETS OF THE SWAMP The Kohika excavation.
3. MYSTERIES OF THE CRYPT - An excavation to find the final resting
place of one of our PM's.
4. SECRETS OF THE GUNFIGHTER PA - The Bell Block excavation.
5. THE MISSING MINERS - The Lawrence Chinese camp excavation.
6. SEARCHING FOR THE FIRST COASTERS - The Buller River mouth excavation.
7. UNDER WELLINGTON - The Tonks Avenue excavation and Plimmer's
8. IN SEARCH OF THE GOOD KEEN WHALERS The Te Hoe Whaling
station excavation and Pre European whaling evidence.
CREDITS for animation
created for episodes 2, 4, 6, 8
Archeological research and 3D modeling provided by Geometria
Texturing, animation, camera, lighting and compositing by Handbird
Have a project
you would like Handbird Productions to manage or collaborate on?